Posted by Steve Reiter on September 12, 2015
Our September BikeCNY meeting is scheduled for this coming Tuesday, September 15th, at 5:45 in the upstairs meeting room at Beauchamp Library. Beauchamp is on E. Colvin Street at the corner of S. Salina.
As a group whose purpose is to advocate for improvements in cycling infrastructure, we see much work to do. The focus of this meeting is to prioritize our activities and set goals for the coming months and, possibly, years. Some of the issues before us are–
- more bicycle infrastructure, including bike lanes for Euclid, connecting existing bike infrastructure, Creek Walk phase 2, Canal Trails
- increased safety through better infrastructure, such as adding bike boxes, bike traffic lights
- education of bicyclists and other road users, including news editorials, bike rodeos, bicycle commuter training
- Bike Month 2016 events
- be an advisory committee to the new city transportation planner and DPW/traffic planning
- assist the city in applying for Bike Friendly City status
- collaborate with other groups who are promoting bike safety, bike infrastructure, etc.
You may have other ideas. Please join us to share your thoughts and concerns.
Posted in General | Tagged: active transportation, advocacy, bike lanes, bikecny, CNY, Syracuse | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Steve Reiter on September 10, 2015
Join a bevy of other folks, both new and experienced cyclists, for another Cycle in the City
When: Sun, September 13, 10am – 12:00 pm
Where: Creekwalk Trailhead, Jefferson St., at the west end of the Armory, Downtown, Syracuse, NY (map)
CYCLE IN THE CITY is a series of FREE guided bicycle rides through Syracuse on various Sundays throughout the year. The last two for 2015 are this coming Sunday, September 13, and Sunday October 4. Please note the new location. The Rides this Sunday start at 10:00 a.m. No registration is required. The Basic ride is 13 miles, but there is also an 18 mile route.
Helmets are required! Riders must be age 12 or older. Questions? Call 435-3280.
Here is a link to the ride maps for this Sunday.
Posted in Cycle in the City, Local | Tagged: Cycle in the City, cycling, Syracuse | Leave a Comment »